Monday, June 22, 2015

Reflection Post

Looking back on this course, EME 2040, there were a few great things and somethings that I would have changed. 

First of all, the most appealing thing to this class is the blog. I think it was a great way to "reflect" on the material really think about what I want to do with it in the future. The blog also lets you the professor see what it is we are learning from the course and what we are actually taking with us; what materials are useful and what could be done without. I think the blog might be something I would actually want to incorporate in my future Language Arts class. I originally wanted to use a journal, like Erin Gruwell did with her class (she was one of the biggest reasons I wanted to become a teacher after reading her book and seeing her movie).

Secondly, I enjoyed making my website/ePortfolio as well. It really gave me a chance to express what my personality and what I actually want students and parents to see about myself. If I can be honest, the biggest reason I liked it was because my backup plan was to become a web designer. It was really fun to get a chance at that.

Finally, there were a couple things I think could have made this class amazing; not that it wasn't great. The wikipage assignment as well as the collaborative lesson plan were kind of stressful. Having an online assignment that includes other group members gives me a bit of anxiety. When people do not respond, give any insight or wait until the last second to try to put an input but get just as much credit as everyone else seems a bit unfair. I personally think if online classes are going to have group projects, everyone should already be assigned a part of it and be graded accordingly. Someone not participating should not be able to affect your grade at all. 

Overall, learning about the technology use in the classroom was very helpful. The textbook was very straightforward, the discussions were relevant and the blog was great. I learned a few technology tools and applications to use in my future classroom. I also learned a few new things about legal and ethical use in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment